Department of Bioinformatics
Bioinformatics is the study of inherent structure of biological information. It arises from the combination of biology and the information sciences. It emphasis on research including the analysis of gene and protein sequences for protein evolution, the development of new and emerge computational approaches for the study and prediction of protein structure, the development of computational methods to utilize expression data to reverse engineer gene networks in order to more completely model cellular biology, and the study of population genetics and its connection to human disease. We expect that the Graduates in bioinformatics will be engaged in any combination of research, teaching and clinical service. Biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies also seek bioinformatics graduates for applied research on disease and drug discovery.
Our vision is to develop methods and software tools for understanding biological data. We want to emerge this branch as an interdisciplinary field of science, bioinformatics combines biology, computer science, information engineering, mathematics and statistics to analyze and interpret biological data.
Our mission is to emphasize on the standards of excellence of Biology and Computational sciences to make a renowned center for education and research facilities.
- Bring innovative research and excellent education
- We seek to create a valuable, respectful and supportive working environment
- To provide a collaborative learning environment for students in higher education and develop the sophisticated computational methods to conduct research in key areas of Bioinformatics
- To provide an exceptional environment for specialized training of modern curriculum, explore of scholarly research, design and implementations.
- To study the DNA sequencing
- Study of Computational evolutionary biology
Dr. Muhammad Wajid