Department of Mathematics
The department of mathematics is one of the most emerging department among all departments at university of Okara. The department of mathematics is established since the beginning of Education university Lahore campus at Okara in 2006. The department get boost by the start of BS(Hons.) and MPhil program in 2012 and 2014, respectively. At present, about 600 students are getting quality education in different programs of the department. The graduates of the department not only experts of doing mathematics but are also very good presenters, and ethically strong citizens to serve the nation.
To produce the World Class Mathematicians to help the society. Keeping in view the acute shortage of chemists, scientists, and realizing that the success of any country depends upon the availability of well-trained chemists, different programs are proposed like eight semesters under graduate degree programs entitled BS Chemistry and BS Applied Chemistry, is proposed which is after F.Sc./ O-Level (12-year of schooling with Chemistry). Similarly, graduate degree program MS/MPhil is proposed which is after BS/M.Sc. (16-year of schooling with Chemistry). The UO graduates after completion of these programs will be able to compete with graduates at other Universities because these programs are designed as, to include the normal BS courses and to cater the needs of chemists, scientist, chemistry teachers/ subject specialists/ lecturers/professors. In future PhD program will be offered soon to achieve highly need based, dynamic research targets on national and international levels.
The mission of the department is to create and teach mathematics and to develop in all students the capacity to understand, discover, enjoy and use mathematics.
Dr. Muhammad Shoaib Saleem
Incharge Of Department
- To establish the base for lifelong education by creating essential concepts and equipping the students with necessary techniques needed to start careers in teaching, research and/or in any walk of live involving mathematics.
- To prepare students to learn concrete ideas of Mathematics, to analyze problems and to develop problem-solving skills.
- To encourage students to become effective independent learners.
- To encourage students to work in groups to get quick, true results.
- To encourage people to help other disciplines as engineering, physics, economics, finance etc. using mathematics.
Dr. Amjad Ali