Department of Physics
The Department of Physics was established in March 2019 and BS Physics was the first program. Presently, 112 students have been enrolled in BS Physics. The Department intends to start MSc Physics program in fall 2019. The Department gradually progressed and attracted highly qualified teachers. The aims of the Department are to equip best knowledge and skills to face the upcoming challenges Currently, 5 PhD faculty members are in the Department. The department of Physics has published many research articles in high impact factor journals. Department has adopted the HEC Curriculum for all programs.
The vision of Department is to be equipped with the fundamental knowledge of Physics, problem solving and logical thinking to their students. This will be achieved by reviewing and developing relevant academic programs, research and research projects to address Pakistan technological needs in areas like Energy, Renewable energy, Hydrogen Energy, Environment, Astronomy, Nanotechnology, Materials science, Plasma, Medical Physics, Cosmology, Geo Physics, Nuclear Physics and Density Functional Theory (DFT). We are trying to achieve overall development of the students to meet the international standards and to use the knowledge of physics for academic and industrial development. Keeping in view the acute shortage of chemists, scientists, and realizing that the success of any country depends upon the availability of well-trained chemists, different programs are proposed like eight semesters under graduate degree programs entitled BS Chemistry and BS Applied Chemistry, is proposed which is after F.Sc./ O-Level (12-year of schooling with Chemistry). Similarly, graduate degree program MS/MPhil is proposed which is after BS/M.Sc. (16-year of schooling with Chemistry). The UO graduates after completion of these programs will be able to compete with graduates at other Universities because these programs are designed as, to include the normal BS courses and to cater the needs of chemists, scientist, chemistry teachers/ subject specialists/ lecturers/professors. In future PhD program will be offered soon to achieve highly need based, dynamic research targets on national and international levels.
Our mission is to see our graduates to be equipped with the fundamental knowledge of Physics, problem solving and logical thinking.
- Striving for excellence in the field of Physics education and research.
- Excellence requires integrity, innovation & continuous improvement.
- To cultivate able researchers with an abundant education as well as deep, specialized and applied skills regarding physics.
- To enhance student engagement through activities such as internships, independent studies/projects.
- To provide knowledge in emerging areas of Physics
- To support and courage student participation at conferences, workshops and colloquiums to facilitate scholarly productivity and professional development
- To pursue academic collaboration with other universities in the world
Dr. Amjad Ali