Department of Biochemistry
The Department of Biochemistry is the core of the life sciences working under Institute of Pure and Applied Zoology (IPAZ) at University of Okara. The department of Biochemistry offers outstanding opportunities for advanced training and research in biochemistry. The graduate and postgraduate programs in the department are designed to prepare students to develop creative and innovative scientific aptitude. The graduates of biochemistry usually get employment in well-known pharmaceutical and food industries of Pakistan. Countless opportunities are available in clinical Laboratories, research institutes and teaching Institutions.
"To induce the basic and modern knowledge of biochemistry and to impart modern teaching methods in the student’s learning process, so that they can serve the nation in this discipline."
"To institute advance research and teaching facilities in biochemistry for human resource development in order to cater the needs of industry."
- Striving for excellence in science education and research.
- Assure high quality research and other scholarly activity on the part of both faculty and students.
- To produce graduates who can deliver emphatically in education and research.
- To inculcate the graduates with a sense of dedication, motivation, self-reliance and hard work so that they are able to maintain and uplift the standards of life sciences in the country.
- Apply biochemical techniques, principles and methodologies in addressing research problems.
- Compute basic mathematical calculations and prepare graphic representations to aid in the interpretation of biochemical data consistent with scientific standards.
- To conduct advanced research in the area of biochemistry according to modern needs.
- To develop industrial linkages so as to solve our indigenous problems.
Ms. Sidra Saeed