Department of Sports Sciences and Physical Education
Department of Sports Sciences and Physical Education (DSS&PE) is one of the newly established departments (established in 2019) in University of Okara under the visionary leadership of worthy Vice Chancellor Prof. Dr. Muhammad Zakria Zakar. The University has appointed two foreign qualified faculty members in the DSS&PE to ensure that up to date and most recent sports sciences and physical education curriculum is offered to students. Sports infrastructure is rapidly being developed in University premises i.e. Lawn Tennis Courts, Basketball Court and Badminton Court besides having already completed facility of Cricket Ground. The DSS&PE is committed to offer excellence in both academics and sports. BS Public Health has been designed to prepare students to take part in public health activities at national as well as international level. This program will equip students with in-depth knowledge of various theories and different methods being used in the field of public health. This program will open doors for its graduates to pursue their postgraduate studies as well. BS Public Health comprises of 8 semesters (4-academic years) having 133 credit hours. Thesis is also a part of this degree program and it consists of 6 credit hours.
"National platform for Sports Sciences, Physical Education, Research and Building Sports Network."
"Promoting National Sports Development through educating, supporting and connecting Academia, Management, Youth and Sportsmen."
- Prevalence of merit in sports and physical education
- Promoting Sports Equity.
- Sharing the joy of learning
- Achieving Excellence together
- Producing graduates having in depth understanding of applying scientific aspects in modern era sports and physical education.
- Developing critical thinking skills among the students that will enable success in the field of sports sciences and physical education.
- Equipping students with the skills to participate as well as safely conduct/organize sports and physical activities.
- Developing skills among students to analyze and interpret physical fitness as well as sports data on scientific grounds.
- Developing administration and management skills among students to successfully manage sports and physical activities as well as sports facilities.
- Educating the students to recognize harmful health practices and intervene to affect attitudinal and behavioral change toward the adaptation of healthy activities.
- Providing opportunity to develop in-depth understanding of research in sports sciences and physical education domain.
Mr. Shahbaz Ibrahim