Department of Public Health
Department of Public Health is among the newly established departments (established in 2019) in University of Okara under the visionary leadership of worthy Vice Chancellor Prof. Dr. Muhammad Zakria Zakar. BS Public Health has been designed to prepare students to take part in public health activities at national as well as international level. This program will equip students with in-depth knowledge of various theories and different methods being used in the field of public health. This program will open doors for its graduates to pursue their postgraduate studies as well. BS Public Health comprises of 8 semesters (4-academic years) having 133 credit hours. Thesis is also a part of this degree program and it consists of 6 credit hours.
To achieve excellence in public health through encouraging innovative ideas, critical thinking and knowledge sharing attitude.
BS Public Health has the mission to enhance health status of the community through providing high quality education and training to its students
- Solving public health problems through innovative ideas
- Promoting the culture of critical thinking
- Achieving excellence through sharing of knowledge
- Maintaining and improving community’s health status
- Promoting health equity in the society
- To produce highly skilled and dedicated graduates in the field of public health
- To produce graduates who can develop, administer and assess policies and programs in the field of public health
- To equip students with leadership skills
- To prepare students in planning, executing, evaluating and interpreting results of research projects
Dr. Muhammad Tayyab Minhas