Message from In-Charge/Director
The world has become a global village and the survival of the fittest is the reality of the day. In this age of computer and satellite, every field has but to be compared with the International standard. Unfortunately, it is assumed that we are, one century behind as compared to well-developed countries of the world particularly in the field of Education, Science, and Technology. Quality enhancement program is a step in the right direction and I need a full cooperation and support from my colleagues for making this University the best University in Pakistan and to get recognition in the top world Universities. I am grateful to the Worthy Vice-Chancellor for his valuable continuous support and creativity in helping to devise the quality enhancement programs.
The role of the QEC is to promote quality culture in the university having a significant impact on the standard of research, education, community service and extracurricular activities with a view to meet national educational requirements. Involve all the stakeholders and raise their confidence to continually improve the academic standards to a level of World top ranking universities.
- Review the existing standards of education, research, community service, and extracurricular activities with a view to continually improve on an annual basis.
- Strengthen academic collaboration with the reputable National/International universities/organizations to harmonize our quality of education and research with international standards.
- Enhance the confidence of faculty members, students, their parents, regulatory bodies and society at large to work together for improvement in the quality of the university.
- Establish, maintain and implement a quality educational system in accordance with international practices.
- Get feedback from students, teachers, graduates, parents, employers, and other stakeholders if any on prescribed intervals. Evaluate the feedbacks and suggest appropriate measure to concerned quarters for implementation if deemed necessary.
- Self-Assessment Programs in three departments of the university would be launched annually in consultation with department chairpersons till the Program is applicable in the entire university.
- To ensure the quality of human resources at the university, the directorate will involve in the activities assigned by the worthy Vice-Chancellor from time to time.
- To report to the worthy Vice Chancellor for matters related to the quality of education & research and other tasks assigned by the authority from time to time.
- For promoting public confidence that the quality and standards for the award of degrees, management and overall quality of knowledge being imparted by the institutions are enhanced and safeguarded.
- For the review of quality standards by assessing academic standards and the quality of teaching, learning, and management in each subject area.
- For the review and strengthening of academic affiliations with other institutions in terms of effective management of standards and quality of programs.
- For defining clear and explicit standards as points of reference to the reviews to be carried out. It should also help the employees to know as to what they could expect from the candidates.
- To develop the qualifications framework by setting out the attributes and abilities that can be expected from the holder of a qualification, i.e. Bachelors, Bachelor with Honors, Master, M. Phil, and Ph.D.
- To develop program specifications. These are a standard set of information clarifying what knowledge, understanding, skills and other attributes a student will have developed on successfully completing a specific program.
- To develop quality assurance processes and methods of evaluation to affirm that the quality of provision and the standard of awards are being maintained and to foster curriculum, subject and staff development, together with research and other scholarly activities.
- To ensure that the university's quality assurance procedures are designed to fit in with the arrangements in place nationally for maintaining and improving the quality of Higher Education.
- To train its staff from HEC about quality in higher learning and will be responsible to implement and disseminate that acquired knowledge into the learning environment of the institution.
- To gather feedback from students, teachers and other stakeholders for analysis and further improvements in the quality of education and research.