Department of Mathematics
The department of mathematics is one of the most emerging department among all departments at university of Okara. The department of mathematics is established since the beginning of Education university Lahore campus at Okara in 2006. The department get boost by the start of BS(Hons.) and MPhil program in 2012 and 2014, respectively. At present, about 600 students are getting quality education in different programs of the department. The graduates of the department not only experts of doing mathematics but are also very good presenters, and ethically strong citizens to serve the nation.
To produce the World Class Mathematicians to help the society.
The mission of the department is to create and teach mathematics and to develop in all students the capacity to understand, discover, enjoy and use mathematics.
- To establish the base for lifelong education by creating essential concepts and equipping the students with necessary techniques needed to start careers in teaching, research and/or in any walk of live involving mathematics.
- To prepare students to learn concrete ideas of Mathematics, to analyze problems and to develop problem-solving skills.
- To encourage students to become effective independent learners.
- To encourage students to work in groups to get quick, true results.
- To encourage people to help other disciplines as engineering, physics, economics, finance etc. using mathematics.
The subject based test for M.Phil. Mathematics will comprise on the following subjects.