The Directorate for Career Counseling became operational in October 2018 at the University of Okara, with the purpose of providing career guidance to the graduates and students regarding their career plans and counselling about professional development. The Directorate provides the strategies for making positive career choices including choosing a major/specialization area of study and developing career plans, providing necessary skills to excel in the job market, and making their choices on the career as well as going for successful career transitions. In
addition to providing information of career development skills, the directorate offers career exploration services. Career exploration involves matching the graduate skills and interests to potential occupations.
The directorate suggests graduates for Career Success and their Role as Future
- Helping students start their career planning and preparation at an early stage through career and
student development programs
- Expand the employment network for graduates
- Effectively improving students in behavior and skills necessary to seek and qualify for job.
- Inviting government officers, judges, women entrepreneurs and for interaction with students
- Conducting workshop and seminars to encourage students toward public and private employment
- Training sessions for Skill enhancement, CV making, Cultural diversity and Capacity building of the
- Guiding students choose further higher education in Pakistan or abroad in their study area with the
help of Higher Education Commission (HEC).
Dr. Nasrin Akhter
Director of Career Counselling